SEC Headlines – 1/4/13
1. Penalties — big penalties — cost Florida in this week’s Sugar Bowl.
2. Will Muchamp doesn’t want to hear that the loss to Louisville ruined the Gators’ season: “We’ve had a great year and we’re moving this thing forward at a rapid pace.” (Hard to argue with an 11-2 season, folks.)
3. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray says his draft grade came back “pretty good… second or third round.” (And all it takes is one team to fall in love to make him a first-rounder. Ask Tim Tebow.)
5. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw will likely miss spring practice due to foot surgery.
6. Alabama will be wearing new Nike uniforms in the BCS Championship Game. Don’t worry, though. The Tide’s new duds look just like their old unis.
7. Get an inside look at Bama’s inside zone blocking scheme right here.
9. Arkansas’ new football assistants will make a combined $2.8 million.
10. LSU linebacker Kevin Minter has decided to leave Baton Rouge early for the NFL: “When you’re hot, you’re hot.”
11. Tiger safety Eric Reid is leaving, too.
12. Ole Miss running back Jeff Scott will return to schools next year.
14. Tonight’s Texas A&M-Oklahoma matchup looks to be one of the best bowl games this season.
15. It’s out with the old and in with the new in tonight’s quarterback battle between Landry Jones and Johnny Manziel.
16. Sooner coach Bob Stoops is ready for football, tired of the pregame events: “Enough of all this. It’s time we do what we do.”
17. Arkansas’ Mike Anderson has had it with careless fouls.
18. Georgia will play host to George Washington tonight. (Guy gets around good for a dead man.)
Tags: bowl, florida, homepage, kentucky, player, safety, team, tennessee, tiger, tonight