SEC Headlines 12/31/2012
1. Texas A&M junior defensive end Damontre Moore made it official Sunday – he’s leaving school for the NFL, considered likely first-round pick.
2. Moore’s teammate - junior offensive tackle Luke Joeckel – could be the first pick of the draft. But he’s yet to make up his mind. ”I’ve weighed all the options, but I have not made a decision yet,
3. Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones seems to be soaking up the college experience one last time. ”If I decide to come out… I’m gonna train to be the No. 1 draft pick.”
4. Here’s a columnist who thinks there’s a “good chance” the bowl game will be Aaron Murray’s last at Georgia.
5. Former Miami Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon will be Bret Bielema’s linebacker coach at Arkansas. Two openings left on the Arkansas staff.
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn needs three hires to complete his staff. Wants to have his staff complete before recruiting starts again in earnest on January 4th.
8. Just-retired Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips gave both Les Miles and Dabo Swinney their first head coaching jobs Miles and Swinney: “Passionate. Determined. And, at times, just slightly out of focus.”
9. Before tonight’s game between LSU and Clemson, former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer will be inducted into the Chik-fil-A Bowl Hall of Fame.
10, Former Iowa quarterback A.J. Derby will walk-on at Arkansas.
11, Florida running back Mike Gillislee is impressed with quarterback Jeff Driskel: ”Tim Tebow is a great quarterback, I don’t want to take nothing from him. But I think Driskel is going to be a lot better.”
12, Scoring 37 points against Florida State has Florida’s offense playing with confidence headed into the Sugar Bowl game against Louisville.
13. It will be a gameday decision on Georgia defensive end Abry Jones – he’s recovering from ankle surgery.
14. North Carolina State defensive coordinator Mike Archer on Vanderbilt: “What you see now is that they have the SEC swagger.”
15. Making a bowl no longer good enough for the Commodores.
Tags: defensive, les, nfl, running, sec, state, team, time