SEC Headlines 12/29/2012
1. Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree didn’t ask the NFL advisory board for an evaluation. “Right now I’m still focusing on this season.”
2. Georgia tight end Arthur Lunch is Aaron Murray’s roommate. Is the Georgia QB staying in school or leaving for the NFL? “If I could guess, I would say he wants to stay.”
3. Georgia nose guard Kwame Gathers may make his NFL decision before Rodney Garner’s replacement is hired as defensive line coach.
4. Junior Florida defensive end Dominique Easley on possibly leaving early for the NFL: “I’d rather not talk about that right now.”
5. Georgia A.D. Greg McGarity on unhappy Bulldogs fans - “the society of the miserable.”
6. Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez on the Bulldogs defense: “It’s just another typical Big Ten defense. If we go out and play, we’ll be perfectly fine.”
7. Here’s an Outback Bowl matchup worth watching. All-world South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney going up against Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan – a potential first-round draft choice in April.
8. Clemson has lost four straight to South Carolina, last four-of-six to SEC teams and now plays LSU in the Chik-fil-A Bowl. They get a lot of SEC questions: ”It would be great for us to find a way to win this game and not have to answer that question anymore … at least for a few months.”
9. When Florida spends too much time on Bourbon Street, bad things happen.
10. Gators tight end coach Derek Lewis is an intense man. Cut his wrist and damaged tendons in his hand punching an eraser board before the LSU game.
11. An early preview that is bullish on Texas A&M in 2013
12. Mississippi State learned a lesson against the Aggies and their spread offense that they will use against Northwestern – focus on the quarterback. “You’ve got to have a second-level guy who is designated specifically to tackle this guy.”
13. Backup Ole Miss quarterback Barry Brunetti isn’t going anywhere: “One thing in my mind I want to get cleared out. I’m not looking to leave for anywhere.”
14. One of the many ways James Franklin has changed the culture of Vanderbilt football. He invited the marching band director to teach the players the team’s fight song. ”Every team has to be able to sing their fight song.”
Tags: alabama, bulldogs, end, play, quarterback, sec, south, south carolina, time