SEC Headlines 12/2/2012
1. Names linked to Auburn search: Gus Malzahn, Jimbo Fisher, Gary Patterson, Kirby Smart, Chris Peterson. Introduction of new coach could come early in the week. All of those names except Patterson were on the winning side Saturday.
2. Auburn’s search committee – the four names at Auburn that matter most.
3. Names linked to Arkansas search: Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Chris Petersen, Kirby Smart, Bo Pelini. One week ago today, A.D. Jeff Long said Arkansas would have its new coach in 10-14 days.
4. Names linked to Tennesssee search: Mike Gundy, Charlie Strong, Jimbo Fisher, Al Golden. Search moves to New York City.
5. New Kentucky coach Mark Stoops left the field last night for the final time as Florida State’s defensive coordinator. “Thank you, coach!”
8. North Carolina State has its new coach. Northern Illinois coach Dave Doeren accepted the position Saturday.
9. High level Georgia source: Bulldogs headed to Cotton Bowl or Capital One Bowl.
13. Why Mississippi State could be headed to Music City Bowl.
14. Alabama fans know where they are headed: “I respect the heck out of Notre Dame.”
16. The Internet troublemaker known as the ampersand - and why it has Texas A&M officials worried about the Heisman vote.
17. Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief and the Internet sensation known as “Feed Moncrief.”
18. One writer’s players of the year and other informal postseason honors for the Florida Gators.
Tags: capital one bowl, georgia, headed, mike gundy, names, ole miss, sec, stoops, texas, today