SEC Coaching News & Rumors Headlines 12/1/2012
1. Mysterious survey of Auburn fans: ”One question they did ask toward the end, if I went to church, how often was it – every day, a couple of times per month, once a quarter, once a year.”
2. 53% percent in AL.com poll say no to Bobby Petrino for Auburn.
3. Who will likely make the final decision on Auburn’s next coach? School president Jay Gogue.
4. In limbo but still on the payroll, Auburn assistant Tommy Thigpen spreads the gospel to recruits: “I’m telling them that Auburn is still a heck of a place.”
5. Arkansas and Auburn considering Bo Pelini?
6. With the Jon Gruden drama apparently in the rear view mirror, focus shifts at Tennessee. Report: Louisville coach Charlie Strong was expected to interview on Friday.
7. Source to Chattanooga paper regarding Gruden: ”It can be spun a lot of different ways, but the bottom line is there were discussions going on and he seriously believed this thing would get done.”
8. Cincinnati coach Butch Jones to interview at Colorado, possibly as early as Monday. Source says Cincinnati trying to rework contract to keep him.
9. Gary Anderson is staying at Utah State.
10. New Kentucky coach – and current Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops – reportedly won’t coach in bowl game for the Seminoles.
Tags: cincinnati, coach, expected, gruden, jones, lot, report louisville, source, state