SEC Headlines 11/11/2012
1. Former Kentucky basketball Joe Hall on Bobby Petrino: “He was not out chasing jobs and would not have left Louisville if he had not been approached about jobs.” And what about the Atlanta Falcons? “He was not going to walk out. But they changed the locks on the door so he could not get back to the locker room. There was a lot more to that story.”
2. “The key to having a long and successful coaching career is taking the right jobs at the right time and right now Kentucky’s got an athletic director you want to work together with.”
3. Tennessee had the ball and two timeouts in the final minute of regulation against Missouri Saturday. Why didn’t they use them?
4. Derek Dooley: ”I just had confidence we could go beat ‘em in overtime.”
5. Auburn coach Gene Chizik talks to A.D. Jay Jacobs on a “daily basis” – not so university President Jay Gogue: ”I don’t typically have a lot of contact with Dr. Gogue until the end of the season, anyway.”
6. Columnist: Common sense tells me “Gene Chizik is done here.”
7. Jeff Schultz: “While Georgia is ascending, Alabama is sputtering (relatively speaking).”
8. Look ahead to next week - time running out on bowl hopes for Arkansas, Ole Miss and Tennessee.
9. Aggies produce a victory t-shirt
10. Matt Hayes on Johnny Manziel: “Where is the national championship race headed, and can a freshman really win the Heisman Trophy?”
11. Andy Staples on the significance of the A&M victory: “It probably ended the SEC’s BCS title streak at six seasons.”
12. Manziel and South Carolina’s D.J. Swearinger Walter Camp National Players of the Week.
13. Jerry Palm bowl projections.
14. Grade changing investigation at a Memphis high school remains open.
16. Missouri 83 – SIU-Edwardsville 69. Laurence Bowers leads the Tigers with 20 points.
17. Vanderbilt 80 – Nicholls State 65. Career-high 25 points for Kedren Johnson.
Tags: carolina, gene chizik, homepage, jay, jobs, manziel, national, tennessee, tennessee jarnell stokes, tuberville