SEC Headlines 11/8/2012
1. Tommy Tuberville a possible candidate at Arkansas? “I’d be surprised if Jeff Long doesn’t at least talk to Tommy Tuberville.”
2. Texas A&M’s players got a confidence boost earlier this season watching Florida beat Tennessee. Kevin Sumlin: ”In a weird way it helped our confidence at that point realizing, ‘Hey, you know what that [Florida loss] wasn’t as bad as we thought.”
4. Mississippi State’s defense averaging five tackles for loss per game this season - that’s tied for 13th in the SEC.
5. Dan Mullen on LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger: “When you take a talented guy and he gets hot, you better watch out.”
6. LSU has won 19 of the last 20 games with Mississippi State – 12 in a row in Baton Rouge.
7. Where could LSU go bowling? Anywhere from California to Florida.
8. Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron on beating LSU: “The win only means so much if you finish out strong.”
9. Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel and the Liberty Bowl loves Ole Miss.
10. Auburn hires a security firm to help enforce curfews.
11. Auburn freshman quarterback Jonathan Wallace will get his second start against the Bulldogs. Gene Chizik: “The speed and intensity with which they blitz and pressure and move around will be completely different than last week.”
12. Florida’s defense has intercepted 15 passes this year – only picked off six passes all of last year. Andre Debose, Mack Brown, and Leon Orr all expected to miss this weekend’s game with injuries.
13. After the Gators play Louisiana-Lafayette Saturday, Florida players will gather to watch Auburn-Georgia.
14. Injury updates from South Carolina – Marcus Lattimore won’t need more than one surgery, according to his position coach. Jadeveon Clowney’s bruised foot still an issue – estimates he’s at 85 percent. “I can’t run full speed right now. We’re going to have to figure out what it is after the season.”
← Back to Home