SEC Headlines 11/6/2012
1. Kirk Herbstreit thinks Kentucky should look at Vanderbilt coach James Franklin as a model for its next hire. “He’s a recruiter. He’s relentless in recruiting. I think that’s what Kentucky needs to find.” 14 potential candidates.
3. Boom or bust for Georgia. ”Win out and play for a national championship or at worst the Sugar Bowl.”
4. It’s a four-letter word to Vanderbilt coach James Franklin - bowl.
5. Despite four interceptions Saturday, teammates of Mizzou quarterback James Franklin have his back. T.J. Moe: “The kid came out breathing fire. … He’s the only reason offensively we were in that game.”
6. With lineman Justin Britt lost for the season with a knee injury – Mizzou will have only one lineman start every game this year - true freshman Evan Boehm.
7. Florida freshman defensive tackle Jafar Mann will transfer. Will Muschamp: “He and I agreed that it’s time for him to move on.”
8. Seven probables – one questionable - Gators getting healthy.
9. Listed a suspect in a cell phone theft, Tennessee freshman Deion Bonner hasn’t been arrested or charged. Remains on team.
11. A few more milestones for Steve Spurrier. He’ll coach his 100th game at South Carolina Saturday. If the Gamecocks win out, he’ll eclipse the school record for career coaching victories.
12. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze wants to correct breakdowns: “Georgia had 76 plays. Eight of the 76 accounted for 278 yards…If you look at the other 68 plays, our defense played outstanding. “
14. Arkansas coach John L. Smith on suspended linebacker Terrell Williams” If you have that little compassion, respect, love for your teammates, it’s hard for me to show compassion, love for you, if that makes sense.”
15. Rumored to be out with a broken ankle, LSU linebacker Kwon Alexander tweeted Monday: “Good news I can play in 2 to 3 weeks !!!”
← Back to Home
Tags: alabama, auburn, freshman, game, homepage, james franklin, season, tennessee, vanderbilt, year