SEC Headlines 11/1/2012
1. Since Les Miles took over in 2005, LSU 36-1 at home on Saturday night.
2. Former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson is out of jail. Miles considering having Jefferson address the team before the Alabama game. “I think it’s always appropriate when people that have credibility in the room speak to your team”
3. Playing for the third time at LSU since coming to Alabama, Damion Square is warning his teammates about the unique aspects of playing at LSU – including Mike the Tiger: “Be ready for that.”
4. What does Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron think of being called a game manager? ”What I think and then what the media tries to make a game manager out to be is two totally different things.”
5. Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper should be “full speed” Saturday but keep your eye on Kenny Bell. Crimson Tide receiver has two of Alabama’s three longest passing plays this season.
6. ESPN’s Mel Kiper has two Texas A&M players in his top 5 NFL draft prospects, three in his top 21.
7. A&M will face a tough Mississippi State secondary this weekend.
8. Mississippi State no stranger to Texas A&M offense. Dan Mullen faced Kevin Sumlin twice when he was at Houston.
9. Bulldogs getting ready for Aggies with special uniforms and #Snow Bowl12 hashtags. Forecast for game-time Saturday – temperatures in the 70′s.
10. New Mexico State is 1-7 but so is Auburn. Gene Chizik: ”We’re certainly not in a position to overlook anybody.”
11. Chizik on Auburn’s new starting quarterback – freshman Jonathan Wallace: ”I was really proud, really the last two days, how he practiced.”
12. Mark Richt likes the Ole Miss up-tempo attack. ”I’m a fan of that kind of thing. I was doing that thing in 1993 at Florida State…”
13. Arkansas special teams scored six touchdowns last year - zero scores in 2012.
14. Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray’s numbers this year: Against South Carolina and Florida, 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions. Against everyone else, 16 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.
15. Nose guard John Jenkins missed practice Wednesday with a sprained ankle, but expected to play against Ole Miss.
16. Among SEC quarterbacks, only AJ McCarron and Tyler Russell have been safer with the football than Vanderbilt’s Jordan Rogers - just two interceptions in his last 180 passes.
Tags: alabama, homepage, kentucky, lsu, mississippi, quarterback, saturday, season, touchdown