SEC Headlines 10/17/2012
1. Florida is averaging just 145 passing yards per game – last in the SEC. Quarterback Jeff Driskel: “If you’re winning, everything’s all right.”
2. Steve Spurrier: “I hope the Gators finish second in the East. That would be a good season for them.”
3. More Spurrier: “We’re going to try to get the ball to Marcus Lattimore more than we did last week.”
4. Battling a sprained ankle, Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones is not a sure thing to play against Kentucky.
5. Jeff Schultz on Georgia’s defense: “Are players thinking more about the next level than the next game?”
6. Tennessee offensive lineman Antonio Richardson: “We’ve lost three SEC games, and in my opinion I think we were better than all three of them.”
7. Kentucky has been outscored 152-38 in SEC play.
8. Three freshman making a big impact at Vanderbilt this year.
9. A bye week comes at a good time for the 3-4 Missouri Tigers. Gary Pinkel: “It’s a good time to get a break.”
10. Is Johnny Manziel one game away from joining the Heisman race?
11. Kevin Scarbinsky on the A&M quarterback: Johnny Football. Not Cam Newton 2.0.
12. Due to concussions and recurring headaches, Texas A&M safety Steven Campbell has decided to end his career.
13. Tennessee’s offense will be the biggest challenge Alabama’s defense has faced this year.
14. Alabama’s midseason report card? “This should scare future opponents: There still is room for improvement.”
16. Auburn’s defensive tackle Gaby Wright: “1-5, let’s face it. It sucks. But the absolute truth is, we’ve got guys talking about firing coaches, and the truth is it’s a battle.”
17. Is Auburn offensive coordinator Scott Loeffler up to the task?
18. LSU’s leading tackler at linebacker had 64 tackles last year. Kevin Minter has 63 through seven games this year.
19. Steve Spurrier wasn’t yelling at LSU defensive tackle Bennie Logan Saturday – he was yelling at the refs.