SEC Headlines 9/27/2012
2. What better way to prepare for Tennessee than to play multiple versions of Rocky Top? (including a Dolly Parton version)
3. Derek Dooley on the Bulldogs: “This is probably the best team they’ve had in a while.”
4. For the first time since Steve Spurrier became the coach, special teams are looking special at South Carolina.
5. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw on the hairline fracture in his right shoulder: “The only time where it’s sore or hurts or anything is after the game, and that’s only for about a day.”
6. Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease is looking forward to facing the LSU defense: “This is a defining moment to see where we’re at.”
7. The maturation of Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel: Ten different players caught passes last week against Kentucky.
8. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin was previously an offensive coordinator at Kansas State back in 2006 and 2007 so he’s no stranger to Mizzou and Faurot Field. “I don’t know if it’s like a few of the venues in this league that are really 100,000 (capacity), 90,000 or those things, but it’s pretty darn good.”
9. Gary Pinkel was asked Wednesday if he questions the toughness of Mizzou quarterback James Franklin: “I don’t question his toughness at all, and that’s the only comment I have on it.”
10. Through four games, just six catches for 48 yards for heralded freshman Dorial Green-Beckham – “underwhelming by any measure.”
11. It appears Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith will play Saturday. But if he can’t go, Jalen Whitlow will likely be called on to lead the Wildcats offense. “Jalen comes out of Alabama, and Alabama football is strong.”
12. Some fights after the Western Kentucky game will mean no alcohol allowed in certain tailgate areas at Kentucky this weekend.
13, The Texas A&M Chancellor disputes the notion that a decision has already been made regarding the renovation of Kyle Field.
14. Archie Manning on AJ McCarron: “He’s just become a very smart quarterback. And he’s a great kid.”
15, Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace: “Is he a passer who can run or a runner who can throw?”
Tags: alabama, back, don, kentucky, question, rational, ten, weekend